FINDING BOOKS AT YOUR PUBLIC LIBRARY
Learn how to find the books in your Locator at your local Public Library:
STARTING AT MY BOOKS
In My Books, there is a link called Locator Books at My Library. Click it.
ARRIVE AT LOCATOR & MY PUBLIC LIBRARY
On the left side is our website. It lists the books you put in Locator.
On the right side is the website for your Public Library.
If there is more information than can fit on your screen, you can scroll left or right.
CHECK FOR YOUR BOOKS
You can check your Public Library for the books in your Locator.
- Copy the search information of one of your books from the left-hand side of the screen. Exactly how you do that will depend on your Internet browser.
- Paste the search information into the search feature of your Public Library on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Use the search features of your Public Library's website.
In our example, Mary4 searched her Public Library in Tulsa. She searched for The Cricket in Times Square.
A new screen popped up. They have it!
ACT ON IT
Depending on the sophistication of your Public Library's website, you might be able to:
- Reserve a copy
- Request a copy via interlibrary loan
- Request that your Public Library buy a copy