- Relevant. Write about the actual book. Don't meander off-topic.
- Give details. Go beyond generalities. Focus on the specific aspects of the book that are important to you.
- Include "why." Go beyond like or dislike and share your rationale.
- Length. Reviews that actually get read are usually 75 to 500 words long.
- Focused. Review only one book per review.
- Comparisons. Compare the book to other similar books.
What's not allowed
- Objectionable material. That is, any material that we consider obscene, distasteful, discriminatory, profane, threatening, defamatory, attacking, misleading, spiteful, illegal or immoral.
- Promotional material. That is, advertisements, for-hire posts, solicitations, political views, views by a stakeholder of a competing company
- Fair use. That is, not quoting too much, not giving away too many details, not spoiling the plot (unless you offer a clear "spoiler alert").
- Feedback. If you wish to provide us with feedback about your customer experience, click here.
By submitting your review, you understand and agree that your review will be posted on our website, and that you agree with this review policy.
We reserve the right to amend or edit reviews.
Last updated April 15, 2015